What are the signs that my
female cat is in heat?
Any or all of the signs below may be an indication that your cat is in
• Your cat becomes more affectionate than usual
• She rolls around the floor
• She carries her tail to one side.
|• She is very
vocal and meows a lot. (This is where the term 'Calling' comes from) This
vocalisation can become very noisy with loud yowls day and night. Her
voice may become more piercing than usual.
• She assumes a position with her front quarters on the ground and her bottom pointing in the air.
• She treads with her hind legs
• She licks her vulval area more than usual
• She rubs her face up against you or furniture more often than usual.
• If you pat your cat on her back near her tail she raises her bottom in the air and may begin 'treading' with her hind feet.
• If she is a cat who is usually kept inside she will be desperate to get outside, waiting for any opportunity to escape.