Is my cat sick?
Be alert to any change in your cat's behaviour - cats are brilliant at hiding illness and can be pretty ill by the time we pick it up.
If taking your cat to the vet is a nightmare see if any of these tips help.
Call us if your cat is:
- eating less than usual or getting fussy with food
- straining to urinate
- urinating outside the litter box
- straining to defecate
- hesitant to eat
- heavy or rapid breathing
- sleeping more than usual
- vomiting more than once a week
- passing loose faeces or diarrhoea
- making the litter wetter than before
- there is blood in the urine or faeces
- always hungry or thirsty
- defecating outside the litter tray
- losing weight or losing weight despite a hearty appetite
- blowing you away with bad breath
- having trouble jumping up or down or stiff
- not grooming properly