We want to keep you and our staff protected from the COVID-19 virus while providing the top level of care for your cats.
Canberra Cat Vet remains open and is planning to stay open unless directed to close.
Please be patient with our staff while we work through this difficult time.
Our strategies include:
- All clients and staff washing or sanitizing hands before and after each contact in the clinic
- Disinfecting all surfaces in the waiting and consultation rooms after every consultation or contact
- Minimizing the number of people in the waiting room
- Only seeing one client per cat in the consultation room
- Keeping face to face consultations short
- Fill in a history online or in the waiting room to minimize contact time
- Please make an appointment well ahead of time
- Phone from your car in the car park to see if we are ready for you
- Phone ahead for food pickups, medications, insurance forms or prescriptions
- If you are sick (cough, flu-like symptoms) or particularly vulnerable to the virus (over 70 years of age, chronic problems like asthma, diabetes or heart disease) or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days please phone to arrange a telephone consultation.
- If you are not in self-isolation or have a family member or friend who could drop your cat in her/his carrier in the air lock at our front door we could still examine and treat them in the hospital
- If you are in self-isolation or reluctant to leave home we are in the process of implementing an online consultation platform. To utilise it you must be an existing client of Canberra Cat Vet